Flipkart Ads – We Like!

Brand: ‘Flipkart’, the popular online shopping site

Tagline: No kidding, no worries

Our opinion: Well, the title of this post summarises my opinion rather well.

The ads break through the clutter with the use of kids in adult situations (in office, shopping, at a beauty parlour, etc.); even better, rather than use them just for cutesy – pie warm stuff, the ads use them to make a point humorously. And I like the implicit pun on the word ‘kidding’.

The two ads set in an office situation get the office situation, behaviour and dialogue bang on. And I like the way that a line that underlines childhood is popped in (the classic ring-a-ring-aroses in this one !!) at the perfect time.

This interaction at the water-cooler is my favourite

Links to other ads in the series here and here.

Do share you opinion of these ads with us.

By,

Zenobia D. Driver

2011-12-05T05:21:03+00:00

11 Comments

1. Rahul Jhaveri December 6, 2011 at 7:08 am - Reply

Not a big fan of these ads. Can’t put my finger on it but just makes me go “eh”. Perhaps its because it is nothing original – the E-Trade baby ads in the US started this whole thing. Even though they are old, I find them much edgier than the FlipKart ones. Check them out on youtube:

• escapevelocityblog December 8, 2011 at 5:45 am - Reply

Hi,
      Thanks for the e-trade ads, totally cool stuff. Think the humour in these might not work as well in India though.
      Adding the links to the e-trade ads to our post though, and on facebook, they are to cool for me to ignore !
      Regards,
      Zen

2. Nikesh December 14, 2011 at 10:06 am - Reply

i like the flipkart ads as well and more interestingly from everything i have heard and read they are doing a rather good job.

• escapevelocityblog December 14, 2011 at 10:45 am - Reply

Hi Nike,
      Good to see a comment from you. Keep reading the blog and please keep commenting, disagreement is welcome too, and extra information will even be applauded. We thoroughly enjoy hearing different points of view and getting into an involved discussion.

We are going to post something related to the flipkart ads tomorrow, so definitely visit again – in fact, that update is information from one of the comments we got (part of the reason that we like receiving comments).

Agree with you – they seem to be doing rather a good job overall, have heard hardly any cribs about them, even though multiple friends use their services.

Regards,
      Zen

3. Latest Updates « December 16, 2011 at 5:39 am - Reply

[…] reading our post “Flipkart Ads: We Like!“, our regular reader Rahul, directed us to similar ads for E-trade in the US. These ads also […]

4. Beach wedding December 16, 2011 at 8:22 am - Reply

I will bookmark your blog and have my kids check up here frequently. I’m very certain they will understand lots of new stuff here than anybody else.
    Wedding ideas

• escapevelocityblog December 19, 2011 at 7:16 am - Reply

Hello

Thanks for following our blog. Keep reading for more interesting posts…

Best,
      Roshni

5. Georgia Prestwood December 18, 2011 at 6:21 pm - Reply

I really appreciate what you post. You have a new subscriber now.
    My website is on educational toys for toddlers.

• escapevelocityblog December 19, 2011 at 7:16 am - Reply

Hello Georgia

Glad you like what we’ve been writing on our blog and thanks for subscribing.

Best,
      Roshni

6. meena seshu November 6, 2012 at 5:52 am - Reply

I do not like to use kids who are used to kid for you advert purpose. not at all funny. Silly and to make them perform adult roles which only emphasize your bias and streotype adult relatioships is in very bad taste.let kids be kids.

• escapevelocityblog November 6, 2012 at 7:17 am - Reply

Hi Meena,
      Thanks for sharing your views with us and other readers.
      Do keep reading the blog and commenting, it’s interesting to hear from those with different points of view.
      Regards,